Progress Map

This blog I shall use as my progress Map. I shall be recording my research discoveries and journey exploring my lead question.

Are the media benefitting or the reciever through brand advertising?

Are the media benefitting or the reciever through brand advertising?

Monday 10 May 2010

An Analysis

This article concerns an issue of interest to both advertisers and consumers: female sex-role portrayal in television advertisements. A comparative study using content analysis was conducted for television commercials observed in 1977 and in 1980, respectively. Significant changes between these years are noted on a number of dimensions relevant to the way women are represented in television commercials. These changes are also interpreted in a broader historical perspective whenever possible. Both positive and negative changes are noted and discussed.



http://www.springerlink.com/content/t381w4kr3055w014/

No comments:

Post a Comment